Our Top Cafe Picks
This cafe is known for good coffee and strudels. The Gorokhovaya location also has live music every evening starting at 8 pm. The music is typically light and romantic which makes this a great location for a date or quiet evening out.
- Gorokhovaya St, 2/6 (Admiralteyskaya Metro)
- Vladimirskiy Prospekt, 13/9 (Vladimirskaya Metro)
SAFS Favorite: The banana pudding & live music
This is the place to go when the weather sucks. It may be rainy and gross, cold and slushy outside, but inside it is a tropical paradise. If you like to spend time at a coffee shop, this place will be your new best friend!
- Malaya Konyushennaya Street 7 (Nevsky Prospekt Metro)
- Gorokhovaya Street 34 (Sennaya Ploshad Metro)
- Liteyniy avenue, 59 (Mayakovskaya Metro)
- Naberezhnaya Admiralteyskogo Kanala 2 (Near New Holland)
SAFS Favorite: The summer atmosphere
This is the local coffee shop…the one you go to and they know you by your order. We love to go here on lazy weekends to read, relax and enjoy some good coffee in a cozy environment. The service here is phenomenal and they treat you like a regular whether it’s your first visit or not.
- Kazanskaya 22 (Nevsky Prospekt Metro)
SAFS Favorite: The ‘locals’ feel
Right in the center of the city with an amazing view of Kazan Cathedral! I recommend going right when they open so you can grab a window seat and enjoy the view over breakfast.
- Nevsky Prospekt 28 (Nevsky Prospekt Metro)
SAFS Favorite: The view of Kazan Cathedral/Nevsky Prospekt
This cute cafe has many locations around the center and is a good place to meet friends or have a date in its a French-styled atmosphere
- Griboyedov Canal Embankment 25 (Nevsky Prospekt Metro)
- Bolshaya Konyushennaya 3 (Nevsky Prospekt Metro)
- Malaya Morskaya Ulitsa 20 (Admiralteyskaya Metro)
- Moika River Embankment 73 (Admiralteyskaya Metro)
- Nevsky Prospekt 103 (Ploshad Vosstaniya Metro)
SAFS Favorite: The French-styled atmosphere